Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wrapping up '15

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! What a whirl wind the last couple of weeks have been. It's been so much fun having time off of work to play with the kids, giggle, play games, watch movies and spend quality time together.

We almost didn't make it to see Santa this year, but just a few days before, we quick ran to see him.
 
Christmas Eve we went to my mom's house to celebrate.
I love these four.
 
 And they love each other too.






We waited until the end of the night to take pictures. That was really stupid. We tried to get one of the great grandkids--mine and my cousin's children. It didn't go real well.
And only got worse the more I took. Poor Michael. What torture we put them through for a picture.
But luckily, all of their parents were able to stand still, stop crying and take a decent picture. :)

It was a really fun night!
 
The next day....Christmas!
 
And even more importantly, Paisley's 8th Birthday!
Paisley loves:
Dance, buttered noodles, writing, listening to music, building forts, snuggling, reading, edemame, sewing, cooking/baking, making lists, telling people what to do, black leggings, routines, and her family.
She's always been a wonderful child, minus those years where we had to hold her down with our legs in order to get her dressed, but she's growing into such a beautiful young lady. So responsible, respectful and empathetic. I'm so happy I was chosen to be her mom. She's pretty fun to be with...and I hear, eight is great.
The birthday girl at breakfast 
 
 
The kids were so patient waiting for everyone to get up. Then, they ran downstairs so fast I couldn't grab my camera in time. They started sorting and shaking gifts immediately. 
 
Obviously, we started opening right away. A few highlights....
 
And (probably) the most exciting gift....a hockey playing Monchhichi...straight from Japan. Literally. Hudson was SO excited.
 
 






We had a great morning opening boxes and boxes and boxes. Craig said he can't even imagine what Christmas morning will be like when he doesn't spend 3 hours opening toys! I agree. Although let's be real. I pretty much leave that up to him as much as I can.

At noon, we went to Craig's parents to celebrate with his family.
Grandma Marian is 96 years old. She's not quite as able as she once was, but we were sure happy to have another Christmas to celebrate with her. Her great grandkids...
Uncle Cal does smile! My kids just adore him...


Paisley was pretty pumped about her new sewing machine! Good thing daddy and grandma know how to use this. Uh....because I sure don't.
After Berg's house we went home for birthday gifts and celebrating with just our family. But first, a few songs from Everleigh.
Seriously...I wish everyone could see the Ev that we see at home. She's freaking hilarious. I really hope that some day she grows out of her shyness...because for us, all she does is sing and play instruments. And she's pretty darn good if you ask me. (but then again, I tried to play a saxophone without a reed once. Ha! So I might not be the best judge)

Miss P got a new chair for under her loft.
Oh, singing, guitar playing and a little grilling. Can't forget the grilling.
My mom got the littles roller blades! They literally had them on for 4-5 hours the next day. Hudson and Madden caught on pretty quickly. Ev is getting there. :)
So we had to go to the roller skating rink to try them out for real, duh!
 

Everleigh tried too...but I was out there with her so couldn't get a picture.
 
Just before Christmas we (finally) got some snow!

Over break, we had dance and sleepovers and play dates and baked cookies and went sledding with grandma and played with cousins and watched a movie and went shopping and so much  more. It went so fast.
Just as I'm sure 2016 will too...

New Years Eve at the Lokkens.
 
(No Makyah...she's too cool for us now. :) )
Little did she know...she missed out on some pretty sweet games.
Lots of screaming and yelling and jumping when the clock struck midnight. Or 9:45. 

She also missed something someone real special. Yikes.
I hope your 2016 is looking better than.....

 
XOXO,
Brook


No comments: