Monday, December 11, 2017

Holiday Hustle

Hey there! It's almost the middle of December...woofda. This time of year is so fun, but also really hectic.
Our Elf, Oliver has been up to no good again. I'm not great at remembering to take pictures of him, but he has sprayed silly string all over, gotten into cookies and has toilet papered an entire room. 
 
 
 
 
One beautiful Friday night, we attended a winter parade and fireworks! As you can see below, Hudson hates pictures. He ruins 99% of them, but most of the time I'm persistent and force a smile out of him. I guess it was too dark for me to see his "smile" in this picture. 

 As babies, Paisley and Madden fought. As schoolagers, they are best buds.


Winter means dance competition season. Paisley's first one was really close to home. Unfortunately, the boys had hockey so Craig couldn't come (divide and conquer is our motto), but both Grandmas came and Everleigh stayed with me the whole time to cheer her sissy on. Look at us...I'm even wearing a button! Yep, I'm that mom now!

 



Everleigh and Hudson are both super creative in their play. I caught them dressing up in our clothes. :)
 We got our Christmas tree!








Dance competition number two was all the way across the state. Unfortunately, Craig had to work all weekend, and because they are so short on staff right now, he couldn't get off. The boys had a hockey game, their first reconciliation and Paisley was to be dancing 3 hours from home.
Thankfully, Grandma Brenda came to the rescue and took the littles overnight and took them to their first reconciliation too. (they had to miss their hockey game because of it).

Paisley had a blast, they did pretty well and the boys did a great job at first reconciliation.
Pictures...



 



 



When we got home, I went to the bathroom to change. When I walked back into my room, someone was fast asleep, cuddled up with her pup, full makeup on. It was a LONG day.
 
Speaking of pups...Oscar isn't doing that well. He's losing control of his bladder and having lots of accidents in the house. He is not gaining any weight...his poor spine sticks up. It's so hard to watch this process. I am hoping we will continue to see him have some good days, as thinking about the end is more difficult than I can even articulate.
 
Here are a few pictures that were sent to me from my mom during First Reconciliation.
 
 

I'll have to teach my mom the trick to get Hudson to look and smile. :)
 
 
Between laundry and everything last night, I decided to do cookies with the kids. After a mishap with wood shavings from our rolling pin and a few lessons about licking the frosting off of fingers, we finished them all! :) 


 
This week we have hockey games, dance and hockey practice, church, a school sing, Christmas parties, volunteer work and an out of town hockey tournament. Let the holiday hustle continue...
 
XOXO,
Brook

No comments: