Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our punkins

This week, the kiddos made their own cars, and went to a 'drive in movie'. They loved it! And even though I cannot wait to toss their cars onto the curb, as I trip over them on the living room floor, they are still playing in them.



 

 
 
Much of the week consisted on just normal, routine stuff. Paisley had a field trip-- she went to a play and saw "Duck for President". She thought it was a great movie. :) We worked, played outside, played in the basement, and worked on getting Halloween stuff prepared.
 


 



 
The best part of the weekend, and something I look forward to all year....carving pumpkins!! Halloween is my fav...well, tied with Christmas for my favorite holiday. LOVE it.
 
As a huge surprise to me, Hudson passed on carving Cookie Monster, and chose to do Bert instead.
 

Everleigh carved Big Bird...and she also did a lot of whining, crying, and eating the pumpkin.


 
Paisley worked on two pumpkins! She did The Count, with some help from Daddy...and then she carved a 'mean' one all by herself. Well, with a titch of help from me.

 
Carving AND getting smooches...the best.
 
 
Not only did Hudson enjoy getting the seeds out, he enjoyed eating the guts. For real. He just kept eating it.

 

 
Madden carved a.....wait for it.....Elmo. I know, shocking!

 

The whole bunch...

 
 
We are really looking forward to this week. The kids will have a party at Londa's, and Paisley will have one at school too! Then family will join us for snacks and trick or treating in our neighborhood. You probably saw a sneak peak of one of the costumes on the 365 ...but we look forward to sharing how super cute all four look on the 31st!
My predictions.
1) Paisley has nothing to do with us and wants to stay out as long as possible with her cousins.
2) Hudson whines and will not get in his costume. He ends up going to a few houses while pouting before warming up to the idea of getting candy at every house.
3) Madden gets in his costume, no problem and wants to walk along side Grandma.
4) Everleigh is along for the ride, getting in and out of the wagon, cold, with a runny nose.
 
For my sake, I hope I'm only 2.5 for 4.
 
 
~Brook

No comments: