Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Behind...

I'm behind. So behind.
I have been meaning to blog for so long and every time I would have an hour to do so, the computer wouldn't work. We need a new one, bad. So much has been happening that there is no way I will be able to capture this last month. Hudson's home from school sick, so I have a few minutes in between his vomiting to blog. Nice, huh?
 
 
The biggest news? We have SIX year olds. Six. That's crazy. Remember these little buggers? Adorable. 
Now they look like this. Big. 
We celebrated their birthday at home, with our family, at the sports center, at school and at the roller rink with friends. It was a busy, fun weekend, that's for sure. 












 
 
 
The twins also finished up their first-ever hockey season. It's the first sport that they haven't ever complained about. They are looking forward to playing again, and have improved so much since their first time on the rink. Madden ended his season with a hat trick! (we won't mention that there was no goalie)
Craig and I had a blast watching them over the last 5 months. I can certainly say I love being a hockey mom. Except the getting them ready part. That's terrible.



 
 
The boys had a Valentine's program at school, so Everleigh and I went to watch! It was adorable.

 Hudson was hard to see--this is the only picture I got of his head. And half of his head at that.

 I've contemplated quitting this blog so many times. But then, I need to look something up about my kids and I start reading and I can't stop. It's those times I'm so happy that I've captured their entire childhood in a blog. But finding the time to blog seems harder and harder. Half of my picture are on my phone, half on Craig's phone...sometimes we use the camera, and sometimes we have no pictures. The guilt on Sunday nights haunts me if I don't do it...and the further behind I get, the harder it is to catch up. Which is totally what I'm feeling now.
I am not doing justice to the cool things that have happened over the last month....but seriously, I just can't.

My best friend moved to Seattle last year, and I was going through bestie withdrawals. You can only facetime so much. So, I headed to Seattle for 5 days to visit. While I was there, Craig did some pretty fun things with the kids! He sent me pictures of all of their adventures, which was great. I sent him some back too. :)
 

 



 
 
Unfortunately, while I was in Seattle, one of our favorite people in the world took her last breath. Craig's grandma Marian passed away on February 27th. They all went to see her in the nursing home, and 20 minutes later, she left the physical world. Our heart is broken because she will be so missed. We are happy she is in a better place and blessed to have had her in our lives for so long. She died at 96.
Marian loved baseball. Even though she couldn't see well, last summer she came to watch the boys play t-ball. This is one of my favorite pictures of her.
 Tears...
At the funeral, we were able to get a picture of Bonnie and her grandchildren. Love.
 
Because this post is so all over the place, I can't forget to acknowledge that Paisley had her last dance competition of the season. We were in Milwaukee--she had a blast!
She performed pom (2nd place) and Hip Hop (didn't place) and also did a trio...and they got 1st place! She had stiff competition...so proud! 
 






 
 That's totally not all, but has to be all for now.
I promise to try my hardest to be a better blogger...I know the kids will appreciate it someday...but I need to be present in their lives too. And I have a sick little guy who needs his mama.
Until next time...
XOXO,
Brook
 

 

No comments: